Religious Youth Service Opportunity
Religious Youth Service
A Project of the Universal Peace Federation
“Young leaders of all faiths, serving together for peace”
Washington DC Summer Workshop
We are pleased to invite you to this summer’s Religious Youth Service (RYS) program in Washington, DC, July 12-15, 2015.
Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon and Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon, Founders of the Universal Peace Federation (UPF), expressed their vision for RYS this way: “Young leaders of all faiths serving together for peace and the well-being of our global human family.”
The Religious Youth Service (RYS) is organized by the UPF office in Washington for young people (ages 19 – 30) of all faiths to participate and serve together for peace here in the capital of the United States. RYS/UPF – DC offers opportunities as a part of interfaith education to visit and receive briefings from top officials on Capitol Hill, the State Department, the White House, Embassies, and interfaith, religious, and NGO leaders.
RYS focuses on developing leadership and peacemaking skills through living and working together in service. The RYS participants include sons and daughters of the diplomats based in Washington, DC, and university students from across the country.
This could be the opportunity you have been looking for!
The program will include:
- Interfaith education briefings by leaders of the major faiths
- Forum on peace and security hosted by UPF’s Office of Peace and Security Affairs
- Briefings at the White House, Capitol Hill, State Department, Pentagon & embassies
- Presentations at prestigious think tanks & interfaith NGOs
- Visits to religious sites: Mosque, synagogue, cathedral, Buddhist temple
- Service: Creating “Peace Garden,” planting trees and flowers
- Friendship and networking – Building new and life-long friendships
Registration fee: $150
* Visits to the State Department and White House subject to availability.
To fill out the registration form, please click here and send it by email to email@example.com.
To view the RYS Summer Workshop Schedule, please click here.
For more information, please contact Jorge Cuello Espinosa by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by telephone at (212) 819-1999.